1. The name of this Association will be the British Association for Veterinary Parasitology (BAVP). This association is organised exclusively for scientific and educational purposes.
2. The aims of the association are:
a. The furtherance of all aspects of veterinary parasitology including applied and fundamental research and teaching,
b. To promote and encourage cooperation between this Association and other bodies with similar interests,
c. To organise scientific meetings on those aspects of helminthology, entomology and protozoology which are of interest to the veterinary and allied professions and others in Britain who are involved in animal health research.
3. The Association shall be affiliated to the World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology.
4. The routine business of the Association shall be transacted by an elected Executive Committee composed of President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer, Communications Officer, Early Careers representative.
5. Scientific meetings shall be held as determined by the Executive Committee.
6. Membership shall be open to all persons working in or having and interest in veterinary parasitology.
7. The Executive Committee shall meet prior to the Annual General Meeting and at such other times as may be necessary. Grants from Association funds may be made available to help defray expenses incurred in conducting Committee business.
8. The constitution of the Association can be altered only by a majority decision of members present at annual or called meetings or voting in absentia. Notice must be given to all members by email prior to the meeting to allow members to vote in absentia.
1. Membership shall be on an individual basis, by application to the Secretary-Treasurer.
2. Membership fees shall be determined by the Executive Committee.
1. Members attending the Annual General Meeting in person or voting in absentia will form a quorum.
2. Each Ordinary member (non- executive committee member) of the Association present at the AGM (or voting in absentia) shall be entitled to one vote.
a. Executive Committee
1. The Officers of the Executive Committee described in the Statutes shall be elected at the relevant Annual General Meeting.
2. Each elected Officer will serve for 3 years from the date of his/her election.
3. When two candidates tie the both will be determined by drawing lots in the presence of two witnesses.
4. Any Committee Member may be re-elected to the Committee.
Data storage and protection
In line accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on Friday 25th May 2018:
Personal data, storage, and purpose
1. The only personal data we hold on our subscribers are: name, place of work and email address;
2. We will store this information securely until we no longer need to contact you or you request for us to stop contacting you, at which point we will securely delete all personal data we hold in relation to you;
3. The purposes of our processing are limited to contacting you with emails and updates on our current activities.
Legal basis for processing
4. The legal basis for processing your personal data is your given consent.
5. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time and can do so by responding directly to this email stating that you withdraw your consent. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
6. You have the right to request from the controller access to, rectification of, or erasure of, your personal data;
7. You have the right to request the restriction of processing, or to object to processing, of your personal data;
8. You have the right to data portability;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Data Controller details
10. The data controller is the British Association for Veterinary Parasitology. Contact details can be found on our website.
Personal data transfers
11. We may transfer your personal data to other affiliated associations.
Requirement to provide personal data
12. The provision of personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, it is not a necessary requirement to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide any personal data to us.
Please note that you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Where such an objection is received, your personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.